Cycle Count Cheat Sheet
Download the PDF.
Download the DOCX.
Shipping Orders are the main way of sending goods out of your inventory and to your customers in IPOL. They can be used in both desktop and mobile, but this document will focus on the desktop version.
There are two ways to make a shipping order in IPOL desktop: directly through the Shipping Orders page or by using quick orders. Quick orders are faster to make but a bit less detailed than making a shipping order on the shipping orders page. To make a quick order,
- Click on Orders → Quick Order.
- You will be taken to a screen like the one below:
- Select your warehouse and the customer to whom you want to ship the order.
- Select how many units of each item you want to ship.
- Click on Save once you have selected the items for the order.
- You can then click on the Review button to review the order.
- On the review page, click on Place Order to make your shipping order. Note that this just adds the order to the shipping order list and does not ship out the items.
Once you’ve made your quick order, you can use the shipping orders page to finalize and ship your order. Before we talk about sending an order on the shipping order page, we should talk about how to make an order on the shipping orders page. To make a shipping order,
- Click on Orders and then on either Create Shipping Order or on Shipping Orders.
- If you clicked on Shipping Orders, click on the Create Order button on the Shipping Orders page. You may also click on an existing shipping order to edit it.
- This will take you to a page like the one below:
- Select the warehouse you are shipping from and where you are shipping the item to. You may also set any other information on this page, but it is optional.
- Click on Save.
- You will now see the option to go to the line items page, which is pictured below.
- Use the Item ID field to set the items you want to ship and set the Ordered number to indicate how many of that item are to be shipped. The other fields will automatically populate, but the Unit Price, Location, Serial, and Notes fields can be edited. Click Save when finished.
The next set of instructions deals with sending out the order and is used whether or not you have selected to make a Quick Order or to use the shipping orders page.
- If you have approvals turned on, go to the Header page of the shipping order and click on the Approve button. If you yourself are not authorized to approve shipping orders, wait until someone who is authorized logs in and approves the order before proceeding.
- Go back to the Line Items page and click on the Issue button.
- Click on the Finish Issue button on the Direct Issue page to remove the stock from your inventory.
- Go back to the shipping order and click on Complete to mark the order as completed.
"CISS took the time to meet with us and understand our needs for our inventory system."
"CISS does a great job. They are always there when we need them."
– Frank Renaldi
"The service provided exceeds expectations."
– Doug Kemmerer